To understand why men are attracted to younger women, you must first understand the underlying biological conditions that have been ingrained into every human. Both men and women are biologically programmed to find and obtain the genetically strongest mate possible. This ensures that the offspring produced from their union will be healthy, strong and have the best possible chance of surviving. Remember both men and women are inherently designed to search for this.
Another reason why men search for genetically stronger females is because these women are more likely to have a healthy pregnancy, with fewer complications and survive labor. This ensures that the mother will be there to help raise, protect and take care of the child.
What do these inherent factors have to do with men being attracted to younger women?
As women get older their health, fertility, ability to have a healthy pregnancy, and the chances of having a healthy child all decrease. This is exactly what men are not looking for in a partner, since men are genetically programmed to find the strongest mate where these factors will not be an issue. Women tend to be most fertile and capable of having a healthy pregnancy between the ages of 18 – 25.
One-third of women between 35 – 39 will experience fertility issues
Two-thirds of women over 40 will experience fertility issues
The decrease in fertility among women as they age can be due to:
- A decrease in the number and/or health of the eggs
- Changes in the woman’s hormones
- The presence of other medical conditions, which may interfere with conception.
The chance of having a miscarriage during a pregnancy is always possible, no matter what age. However, the risk of having a miscarriage increases with age.
- About 10 percent during 20s
- About 20 percent at ages 35 to 39
- About 35 percent at ages 40 to 44
- More than 50 percent by age 45
- At age 25, a woman has about a 1-in-1,250 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome
- At age 30, a 1-in-1,000 chance
- At age 35, a 1-in-400 chance
- At age 40, a 1-in-100 chance
- At age 45, a 1-in-30 chance
Female Health Complications:
As women get older they have a much greater chance of having health complications during their pregnancy. These issues include:
1) Gestational diabetes: Women over age 35 are twice as likely to develop gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes can cause a baby to be born very large which puts the baby at risk of injuries during delivery and of newborn health problems.
2) pregnancy-induced high blood pressure: more common in women over age 35
3) Placental problems: Can cause severe bleeding during delivery, which can endanger mother and baby. Women in their late 30s were almost twice as likely, and women in their 40s nearly three times as likely.
4) Stillbirths: is the death of the fetus after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Women over age 40 are about two to three times more likely to have a stillbirth baby.
5) Premature Babies: Premature babies have an increased risk of health problems during the newborn period and can suffer from lasting disabilities.
- 11.9% of women ages 20 to 29 may deliver prematurely
- 12.5 % of women ages 30 to 39
- 16.6 % of women ages 40 and older
These are the reasons why men are attracted to younger women. It doesn’t matter that there have been advances in medical science that helps to cut down the risks of older age pregnancies. Finding and mating with genetically stronger and healthier females is subconsciously programmed into the DNA of men. It is something men sense and feel. Even if they don’t want to have children, their conscious mind can not reprogram this biological factor.
I’m sure at this point many women will be very upset, by what they have read. These days most women are focusing on their careers first, making sure they are professional established before having children. Others are just having a fun time, enjoying life while they are young. Every woman has every right to live her life the way she wants too. However, the longer you leave finding a strong genetic male and reproducing, the fewer suitors you will have. They also may not be the genetically strong suitor you had always hoped for. The reason being, you are no longer the genetically strong and healthy female you once were.
You can not become upset at men for going by a subconscious biological factor that has helped the human race survive and thrive for thousands of years. While some men may just be superficial pigs, most men are trying to find the strongest genetic partner they can, just as women are biologically programmed to do the same. While there are a few other factors that influence the process, just remember one thing you can not fight is nature. These instincts were designed to help the entire human race survive, not just fulfill our own desires.
With that said there are a few things you can do to cause men to forget about younger women. You can learn more in the article “Do Men Want Younger Women?“