“I don’t like writing about myself, so I’ll just say I like traveling, my dog and shopping. Also don’t send me a one line email like “You’re hot” or “Hey Sexy” and don’t just email me about my physical appearance. I want a man who is original and capable of writing a creative email.”
As a man let me just say probably 6 out of 10 female online profiles sound like this. I know its hard to write a creative interesting profile about yourself without coming off like you are bragging or full of yourself. The issue I have with these kinds of profiles is not the lack of description, its the expectation that a man should be able to create something out of nothing.
I understand a woman wants a man that is so interested in her that he will take the time to write an interesting, funny email that will engage her and try to learn more about who she is. With that said, lets analyze why that is not possible when a woman’s online profile consists of so little.
1) If a woman says nothing about herself, a man has nothing to go off of to create an interesting original email with.
2) Its true the woman has mentioned three things (travel, her dog and shopping) but then she proceeds to say she wants something original. This means you can’t really ask about those subjects because every guy is probably asking; What kind of a dog do you have, where is your favorite place to travel, what do you like shopping for the most…etc.
3) The only description the woman have given herself is a sentence long, therefore the only other thing a man can do is talk about physical components. Remember he has absolutely no idea who you are. All he knows is what you write about yourself other then a few highly filtered washed out instagram photos.
What Does This Profile Really Say
The sad thing is that this kind of profile really says just two things to men that see it.
1) This person has absolutely zero personality
2) They want a man that has a lot of personality, which essentially means they want more then they are capable of giving.
Don’t be the one that sends out this message. Like attracts like! Present yourself as not having a personality and you will attract guys with no personality. If you want to attract a creative, intelligent, thoughtful man, then you need to provide the bait that will attractive that kind of man. This means being more creative and thoughtful in your online profile descriptions.
If you have a had time writing about yourself, than get together with a single friend and write their profile while they write yours. They may even make you sound better, then you see yourself. Whatever you do, do not write a one line description and then complain that you only receive one liner emails describing how hot you are.